Enter our Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan Self-Build Competition for your chance to win an Ecodan air source heat pump system, and a half-day meeting with George Clarke to discuss your self-build project.
Enter if you are:
1 / Planning a domestic, self-build project
2 / Considering using an Ecodan Heat Pump
3 / Able to submit project plans by 31/12/2019
Competition terms and conditions apply.
See below for details.
1. Competition entry period: Competition opens on 8th October 2019 at 9a.m. The closing date is 31st December 2019.
2. How to enter: you must follow the entry instructions. Entries can be submitted by email to the designated entry address email@example.com and titled “George Clarke Design Competition” or via the official competition webpage. Any entry exceeding the maximum file size (2MB) will be rejected.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. Each entrant agrees to accept these terms and conditions in their entirety as a condition to entry. As conditions to entry, you undertake that your project design: (i) is your original work; and (ii) does not include any third party’s data, trademark or logo or personal data (for example, any corporate branding or trade name, any personal name or other identifier, or any premises address). An entrant is free to request deletion of entry at any time prior to the winner being chosen.
5. Eligibility: You must be aged 18 years old or over. You must be resident in Great Britain (England, Wales, and Scotland only). Competition is open to private individuals and to trade professionals. If you are an employed trade professional you must ensure that your participation complies with your employer’s code of conduct. If you created the project design during the course of employment, you must hold your employer’s written authority for submission of the project design into this competition.
6. Mitsubishi Electric employees and their immediate family members resident at the employee’s home address and anyone professionally connected with the competition is not eligible to enter.
7. Mitsubishi Electric will accept only one entry for any home, person or email address. Mitsubishi Electric’s decision on qualification and entry for the prize draw is final. Mitsubishi Electric reserves the right to exclude any entry where it has reasonable grounds to consider that the entrant is in breach of these Terms.
8. Only one winner. Winner will be announced on the 10th of January 2020 from all eligible entries as to the entry considered to be the most Green, sustainable and innovative project design. Preference will be given to a design including a heat pump application.
9. The winner will be notified via email.
10. The prize is a half-day with George Clarke at Mitsubishi Electric’s Hatfield office to discuss the winning project design, take photos for use in Mitsubishi Electric PR activities, have lunch with George and to receive his encouragement. George Clarke acts here in his capacity as Mitsubishi Electric’s brand ambassador. Neither Mitsubishi Electric nor George Clarke shall be deemed to endorse or approve the winner’s project design. George Clarke does not act as project design advisor or consultant and does not give professional advice to the winner. Selection of the winning project design does not indicate project viability or suitability. In addition the winner will also receive an Ecodan heat pump system suitable for the design specification up to a maximum of 14kW. The Ecodan heat pump system will comprise of one outdoor Ecodan unit, one indoor cylinder, all controls and ancillaries, but excluding installation, commissioning, any associated materials such as pipework and connections and any third party ancillary equipment not supplied by Mitsubishi Electric. The winner will also have the option to specify Mitsubishi Electric’s range of fan assisted radiators under the iLife2 Slim brand up to a maximum of 10 units. The winner is responsible for contracting at the winner’s expense for installation by a third party installer. The Ecodan heat pump system will benefit from the Mitsubishi Electric Homeowner Guarantee, subject to registration and the conditions to that guarantee and that third party installer’s status with Mitsubishi Electric: see: https://les.mitsubishielectric.co.uk/homeowners/register-ecodan-guarantee.
11. Mitsubishi Electric will endeavour our to deliver the Ecodan Heat pump system equipment and iLife2 Slim radiators within 28 days of 10 January 2020 to the winner’s nominated delivery address in Great Britain: Delivery is subject to at least 7 days’ notice from the winner. Delivery is made on a kerbside basis only: the winner is responsible for movement of the equipment within the delivery address. Delivery must be signed by or on behalf of the winner at the delivery address.
12. Mitsubishi Electric will facilitate a full pre sales design service for the installation of the Ecodan and radiator system only by a third party industry recognised independent design consultancy. Design services exclude site survey: winner to provide site/location data and Standard Assessment Procedure data to the consultancy. Design consultant’s standard terms will apply (these can be provided upon request). Mitsubishi Electric takes no liability for the design services (other than payment of the design consultancy’s fee) and takes no responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy or quality of the design provided.
13. No cash alternative or other alternative prize is available.
14. The winner will need to be available to attend Mitsubishi Electric’s Hatfield office on 3rd February 2020. Travel and subsistence is at the winner’s cost: Mitsubishi Electric may in its discretion support this cost if the winner is located more than 2 hours’ travel time from Hatfield.
15. Mitsubishi Electric reserves the right to re-schedule the prize half-day if circumstances prevent George Clarke’s attendance on the designated date.
16. Mitsubishi Electric reserves the right generally by notice to (i) suspend or discontinue the competition at any time by written notice to entrants; and/or (ii) to cancel the competition or amend any of these conditions if deemed necessary in its sole discretion; in each case without liability. The method of notification shall be at Mitsubishi Electric’s sole discretion.
17. For details of the winner’s surname and county (but not the winner’s other personal data), send a stamped addressed envelope to: Marketing Dept. – Residential Heating & Ventilation. Mitsubishi Electric, Travellers Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 8XB within six weeks of the closing date or see our website.
18. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity as may be reasonably requested by Mitsubishi Electric during the half-day prize. The winner agrees that Mitsubishi Electric may feature the winner by name, use their image and may display the project design in Mitsubishi Electric’s publicity and promotional materials and any case study report as may be compiled and published by Mitsubishi Electric. The winner agrees that Mitsubishi Electric will hold a royalty-free irrevocable licence for each of these purposes.
19. Project designs will not be returned and cannot be accessed by an entrant after submission. Mitsubishi Electric will delete all other entrants’ project designs no later than six weeks from 3rd February 2020.
20. Mitsubishi Electric’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final. No correspondence relating to the competition or any rejected entry will be entered into.
21. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT ANY LEGAL RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE AS A
CONSUMER UNDER APPLICABLE NATIONAL LEGISLATION GOVERNING THE COMPETITION.
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. UK Living Environmental Systems Division, Travellers Lane, Hatfield, Herts, AL10 8XB.
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. is a Netherlands limited liability company with a registered English Branch number FC019156, BR003391. UK Data Protection Registry no. Z6943649.